Monday, February 8, 2016

Day 329 - green T-rexes


The third of the dinosaurs that go with those from Day 209 and Day 241. As I explained on Day 209, these were part of a set of three key rings with augmentations reading "Best" "Friends" "Forever". At the risk of sounding soppy, these were completely fitting for today since I spent the day with four of my very best friends as we built the set for our show, which is happening later this month.

Sort of a side note, since I went home and changed earrings after set build (don't worry, I changed clothes too), I also went to Roxette's 30th anniversary tour concert today. So many memories, and so much respect for Marie. I saw them when they were in Cape Town in 2012 and I am so impressed she is still sticking with the performing. She doesn't have to. But she wants to. I was struck also by how behind her the fans are. You could feel the whole crowd supporting her as she strove to sing, and when she faltered, the crowd was there to take up the lyrics. That's impressive. In fact, it must have been love.


When she was singing "Watercolours in the Rain", there was a drunk group of girls standing behind me that were being loud and obnoxious and we were all shooting poisonous looks at. Someone eventually admonished them to "Shut up!" and, I swear, the whole of Golden Circle nodded in approval.

No comments:

Post a Comment