Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Day 250 - leopard print thread


Wow, a quarter of a thousand pairs of earrings. I've impressed myself.

There's quite a tragic story behind today's pair, as is hinted at by the picture. They were part of my birthday present from my sister and I was very pleased with them. I love leopard print and this is muted enough that I can wear it without seeming like some sort of 80s throwback.

However, unnoticed by me, the one earring had lost the black bead you can see on the remaining one. This meant that the loop at the top had quite a gap, which the delicate French hook's loop could slip through so that the hook remained but the earring flew free. It happened at work and I noticed the gap as I was reattaching the hook. So I made a note to be aware of the earring and resolved to fix it when I got home. I promptly forgot to be even slightly aware and only much later realised that the earring had come loose again, but I didn't know where. Unfortunately, a thorough search of my car and house turned up nada which means my poor earring is probably languishing on the road between my house and the train station or sitting forlornly on a train somewhere. Sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment