Sunday, August 30, 2015

Day 171 - mesh hoops


Well the title pretty much says it all - these are silver mesh hoops. They sort of put me in mind of a whale's mouth: the baleen. Since I already mentioned Finding Nemo in the last post, I feel I should make a different reference to whales at this point. So I will mention a Sierra game I replayed (for about the trillionth time) recently, King's Quest IV: The Perils of Rosella.


Holy hell, but climbing that damned whale's tongue was a pain in the butt! And the twinkly fall-down-oh-no-I'm-dazed-now sound effect got to be really freaking annoying after the seventh time.

Looking at the picture now I see this whale has teeth rather than baleen, which is a bit odd. I had in my head the notion that only sperm whales had teeth (I think QI lied to me about that), but a quick Google visit has relieved me of that misconception.

No comments:

Post a Comment