Saturday, August 1, 2015

Day 147 - crystal eggs


Another pair with plastic crystal, this time in the shape of eggs. Well, OK, they're spheres but I'm calling them eggs so I can plug the latest play on at the Masque: A Day in the Death of Joe Egg. It's a lovely play that deals with a hard subject matter (raising a disabled child) but it does so in a very light and funny way. For the most part - it did make me cry at the end.

I may be biased because they're my friends but I thought the actors did a superb job. I was enthralled and didn't notice the time passing, which is loosely how I define a good show. I generally sit with my shoes off and my feet up and under me; when I'm at the theatre, I can't just throw off my shoes and get comfy so I have to sit like a civilised adult. If I notice how unnatural that feels, then whatever I'm watching has not held my attention sufficiently. With Joe Egg, I didn't notice once that I was being forced to sit like an actual grown-up. Weird praise that may be, but praise it is. Well done CTP!

No comments:

Post a Comment