Monday, July 20, 2015

Day 134 - silver diamond designs


I haven't the faintest clue where these came from, but they're rather pretty I think. Anyway, since I'm in the middle of relating my Kenya trip experience, earring origin is really of secondary importance to what they witnessed, isn't it?

For our last day in Mombasa, we decided to check out some of the local wildlife after checking out of the hotel. So we taxied over to Haller Park, which is an old quarry site that was converted into a conservation area by naturalist René Haller in the 1970s.

I fed a rather beautiful specimen of a giraffe by the name of Henry:


Then we wandered around admiring the wildlife and the scenery, conscientiously obeying all the rules:


We had half a bottle of wine left over from dinner the night before so we took a moment out in the abandoned fish research area (they're building a new one), as you do:

No comments:

Post a Comment